Businesses across the globe rely on technology to streamline their operations, maintain a competitive advantage, and successfully provide products or services to their customers. In fact, Statista predicts that emerging technology will experience a growth rate of 104% between 2018 and 2023. It is in this increasingly digital world that IT operations management (ITOM) becomes crucial for business survival and success.
solverASSIST offers a help desk, service desk, and escalation management to support your company’s IT infrastructure and IT Operations Management (ITOM). These services empower and refocus your IT team, enabling your company to scale and maintain acceptable service levels. Ultimately, solverASSIST’s help desk and escalation management ensure that all your services and technological applications are stable and readily available for your IT teams and customers.
What Is ITOM?
ITOM is a collection of administrative processes that monitor the various components of your IT infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and availability.
ITOM takes care of your IT infrastructure, capacity management, cost-control activities, performance and security management, and availability management for your entire IT infrastructure and IT assets; an IT asset refers to any company-owned hardware, software, or system - for example, a laptop - that is used for business purposes.
What Is the Difference Between ITOM and ITSM?
The key difference between ITOM and IT service management (ITSM) is that ITSM is more customer-centric and focuses on how your IT teams deliver services, while ITOM focuses on the environment, tools, and processes regarding the services delivered by ITSM. It is worth noting, too, that ITOM is a sub-discipline of ITSM.
Why Do Businesses Need ITOM?
Today, technology is fundamental to a business’s day-to-day operations. Businesses rely on IT operations to meet their objectives and maintain a competitive edge. And when new, more sophisticated technologies enter the market, businesses quickly seize these tools in fear of their competitors overtaking them in the race to provide better customer experiences and solutions.
However, as your IT environment grows and complexity increases, it becomes significantly more difficult to monitor and optimise. That is a problem ITOM services can solve.
With solverASSIST’s ITOM services, businesses can avoid several challenges, including:
- Lack of visibility across the business.
- Lack of process alignment.
- Unreliable IT infrastructure.
- Inability to scale.
- Resource inefficiencies.
IT Operations and Help Desk Management
solverASSIST’s Help Desk for ITOM
The Benefits of solverASSIST’s Help Desk
- Boosts productivity. A help desk and service desk can boost your business’s productivity in several ways, including quickly resolving any IT issues that your employees or customers face when they use your product or IT infrastructure. This lifts the weight off your shoulders. In addition, a help desk eliminates the need for your employees to use their time and energy logging issues, sifting through complaints, and trying to solve customers’ IT problems.
With the help of a help desk, your employees can focus their productivity on the business's core services and leave helping customers to the help desk.
- Scalability. Maintaining sufficient customer and employee support as your business grows is expensive. Scalability demands additional IT staff and resources, and it is an investment that not everyone can afford to make.
With solverASSIST’s help desk, your business can scale without sacrificing the money for IT staff. A help desk ensures that IT issues are proactively managed and resolved, thus limiting unexpected IT costs and automatically ensuring that your customer service keeps pace with your business development.
- 24/7 Support. In today’s digital world, customers worldwide are always online. A help desk guarantees 24/7 support for your customers’ IT problems, regardless of the time, time zone, or location. Not only does this appease your customers, but it makes business operations easier for your employees and IT teams, and business can continue uninterrupted.
We offer an escalation management solution (Major Incident Management, including vendor collaboration by incident ownership method) where issues are addressed within a certain time frame or managed by certain team members. solverASSIST’s workflow features are easily customised and automated for smooth handling of escalations and prompt resolution.
- Enhances Customer Experience. Have you ever spent hours on the phone with a business trying to resolve an issue you’re having with your phone or laptop or even to cancel a subscription, insurance, or another financially draining commitment? As every minute ticks by, your frustration grows. By the time you slam down the phone or get told by the person on the other end of the line that they cannot, in fact, help you, you’re ready to switch brands. A terrible customer experience can do that - turn customers into enemies of your business.
Escalation management promptly takes care of IT issues by escalating them to the person or department best equipped to handle and resolve them. It improves your customers’ experiences with your business by alleviating the frustration they might otherwise feel if their issues were not resolved promptly.
- Upholds Your Business’s Reputation. KPMG reports that 90% of consumers consider issue resolution their most crucial customer service concern; when this is your customers’ priority, it should be yours, too. And when your company can escalate and resolve issues quicker than your competitors, your business has the best chance of attracting and retaining customers.
Escalation management offers customers a timely and satisfying resolution to their IT issues.
Businesses are looking for an IT & ITeS outsourcing service partner who understands the shipping and logistics business and the underlying technologies, enabling them to scale up their digital ambitions without worrying about their IT infrastructure and process efficiency.
With a deep domain understanding of shipping and logistics business combined with technology expertise, we cater to the specialised needs of the technologies embedded into the day-to-day functioning of the business. We embrace Information Technology Infrastructure Library’s (ITIL) V4 best-in-class approach to deliver seamless services to our customers.
The benefits of choosing solverASSIST for your ITOM needs include the following:
- Proactive management and monitoring.
- Reduced costs.
- Remote support.
- Access to dedicated and specialised personnel.
Contact solverASSIST to discuss how we can empower your IT team with our help desk and escalation management.