Hubspot reports that 93% of customers are likely to make repeat purchases with companies whose customer service is great, while Zendesk shares that almost three out of five consumers report that good customer service is vital for them to feel loyalty toward a company. If you’re asking, “why is customer service important?”, consider the following additional examples:
- Provides customers with the support they need to ensure a positive experience with a product or service.
- Builds trust and loyalty.
- Makes your customers feel seen and heard.
- Increases customer satisfaction.
- Can lead to higher customer retention.
- Boosts sales and contributes to company profitability.
Ultimately, satisfied customers can grow your business. That’s why you need excellent customer service.
But if you’re not confident that your customer service is the best it can be, here are several useful tips for you and your team:
Why Is Customer Service Important? A Guideline: Refine Processes to Improve Customer Service
"Why is customer service important?" is a critical question that businesses must consider as they strive to provide exceptional service to their customers. If something’s not working, fix it. Improve upon the original process until you can satisfy customers and deliver exceptional service.
Strategic thinking is behind this, and it’s worthwhile if you want to go above and beyond for your customers, outperform your competition, and avoid future problems.
Are you unsure where to begin? That’s where a trusted outsourcing partner comes in. Ideally, you want someone who isn’t only interested in delivering a service but actually refining and improving upon it, while preventing potential issues and demonstrating an in-depth understanding of your industry and business.
Why Is Customer Service Important Guidelines: Unlock Efficiencies Through Technology To Improve Customer Service
Technology and technical support are essential to providing good customer service. Technology can streamline processes, improve accuracy, and provide customers with more options.
It also relieves your team of high volumes of queries, saves time and effort, and reduces error.
How technology can improve your customer service include the following:
- Automated customer service systems can answer questions quickly and provide customers with the information they need.
- Technology provides customers with personalised experiences, such as tailored product recommendations.
- Technology can be used to create a more user-friendly customer service interface, making it easier for customers to access the services they need.
If you’re wondering, ‘Why is customer service important?’, technology is a powerful tool for customer service, but it’s unsustainable without robust IT support. You can’t afford for your technologies and applications to fail and disrupt your operations; thus, consider outsourcing your IT support to experts who will guarantee timely and effective remediation for any issues that might arise.
Why Is Customer Service Important? A Guideline: Leverage Specialist Knowledge To Improve Customer Service
If you understand the importance of customer service and want to improve yours, why not outsource? Take things a step further, however, by outsourcing to an expert team in your industry. This will have multiple benefits, which include the following:
- Tailored solutions.
- Insight into industry trends, resources, and technologies.
- Access to expertise specific to your industry and your challenges.
- Less pressure on your team to exert time and energy on a time-intensive task (i.e. handling customer complaints).
Why is customer service important? It's because it's the backbone of any successful business. It can make or break your reputation and determine the loyalty of your customers.
Customer service can feel like a tedious chore, an opinion your employee might echo. But outsource to experts, and you’re not only saving your team time, but you can relax knowing that you’re receiving high-quality service from people who specialise in that field and are familiar with your industry.
Why Is Customer Service Important? A Guideline: Act-On Feedback To Improve Customer Service
The more attentive a customer service agent is, the more likely they are to understand the unique situation a customer is facing and resolve it timeously. This is why it is important for said employee to listen carefully before attempting any scripted or standard responses to a query.
Important questions for representatives to ask themselves during a conversation include the following:
- Is the customer’s inquiry clear, and if not, which questions can I ask to clarify the matter?
- How helpful is the information I provide to resolve this specific issue?
- Do I have potential solutions for this situation, and if not, who else might have relevant insights to assist the client in question?
- Where can I find relevant information stored within the system?
- Which tools do I have access to which might help me simplify the process?
Relying on an outsourcing partner will simplify gathering feedback and acting on it than juggling that responsibility in-house. Your outsourcing partner will also know exactly how to utilise the customer service technologies, advise customers, and guide them to where they can find the information they need.
Communicate Clearly To Improve Customer Service
The tone and language employed by customer service representatives must consistently reflect the company’s values and ethics. Customer communication templates can be useful in this regard.
- Exercise caution when relying heavily on scripted responses - this can make your representatives sound robotic and detached, leading to worse communication and less engagement.
Remember that your employees are human beings too, and they need time to resolve customer complaints. Setting out guidelines for your customers to ensure that they know what to expect in terms of volumes and frequency of communication, and the nature of follow-ups is essential.
Lead With Empathy To Improve Customer Service
Why is customer service important in the era of AI, one of the key elements missing from customer support services is empathy (more often than not).
Therefore, empathy is an element of customer service that can set your company apart from your competitors. By trying to understand and share a customer's feelings, said customer can be calmed and reassured effectively, making complaints easier to navigate.
Phrases such as “I understand why you feel that way” can be incredibly helpful in improving customer service.
Businesses Who Failed And Succeeded Because Of Customer Service
Personalise Interactions to Improve Customer Service
Personalisation is becoming increasingly important across industries, with customers expecting businesses to cater to their individual needs. In fact, SmarterHQ reports that 72% of consumers say they only engage with personalised messaging.
Your company can’t ignore this trend - you must be able to differentiate yourself and provide a unique, personalised experience to retain customers. Why? Personalisation helps to build long-term customer relationships, as customers feel valued and appreciated.
An outsourcing partner can help you and your customers enjoy personalisation. solverASSIST, for example, can help you in the following ways:
- Provides a personalisation service solution that gives your business the personal attention you need. We will work with you to co-create the services that your customers want and expect.
- We revolutionise your customer touchpoints by bringing intelligence into the customer’s touchpoints, dramatically improving your customer’s experience and boosting retention.
With solverASSIST, you can guarantee an engaging customer experience that meets your customers' individual needs.
Outsource Your Help Desk and Escalation Management
Why is customer service important and how can help desk and escalation management improve your customer service? When an end-user has problems or questions about a product or service, a help desk can troubleshoot and resolve the issue. At solverASSIST, we offer a help desk that resolves your employees’ or customers’ queries promptly.
Additionally, our escalation management provides proper and professional handling for urgent issues and avoids customer dissatisfaction.
Benefits of outsourcing your escalation management and help desk include the following:
- Streamlined workflow processes and incident management.
- Prompt resolution of user and technical issues.
- Experienced team with expertise in ITSM tools.
- Increased efficiency with faster resolution times.
Take Action to Improve Your Customer Service Today
So, why is customer service important? Customer service is essential for businesses to succeed as it impacts their profitability. Your business must also have a strong customer service strategy to remain competitive, as customers won’t hesitate to switch brands if they’re better treated by your competitors.
Outsourcing customer service can be an effective way for businesses to provide their customers with the highest quality service while unlocking efficiencies, improving customer experiences, and ultimately driving profits for your business.
Are you convinced of the importance of customer service? Are you ready to improve yours? Read this guide on customer service and real-life examples from renowned companies.